Saratoga Bridges (Saratoga County Chapter, NYSARC, Inc.)
As one of the largest private non-profit organizations in Saratoga County, Saratoga Bridges has been providing the highest level of programs to 800 people with developmental disabilities and their families by promoting their achievements in every aspect of life. Throughout our history, we have been committed to ensuring that the individuals we serve are able to realize their goals, hopes and dreams as they work, shop, play, and volunteer while leading full, productive lives.
Our Mission Statement is "Saratoga Bridges is committed to advocacy for people with disabilities by providing resources that enable them to live enriching lives in the communities where they are valued for their abilities and contributions."
We offer a full range of professional services including:
- Clinical – Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapies, Nursing, Nutrition, Psychology and Program Coordination and Social Work
- Community Opportunities – blended Pre-vocational, Day Hab and Supported Employment Programs; Day Hab where people receive daily services at 13 Program sites
- Employment – people are employed in the community through Alpha Career Options, our Supported Work Program, work at Alpha Industries doing bench assembly, at the Corinth Pallet and Production Facility or Fire-Bag™ Woodshop
- Family Support – provides access to Adult Social Club, ASPIRe NY, Inc., Clinical Consultation, Community Habilitation, Community Outreach and Referral, Educational Advocate, Family Education and Trainings, Family Reimbursement, Friends United in Networking (FUN) Club, Guardianship, ‘McDonald Family Resource and Discovery Center’, Respite, Sibshops, Specialized Autism or Support Services for Individuals and their Families (SASSI)
- Legislative Advocacy
- Recreation and Social opportunities
- Residential – people live in community-based homes, family care and supportive apartments
- Service Coordination
- Transportation – individuals are transported daily to and from employment or program
At Saratoga Bridges, we believe that the care we give increases immeasurably the quality of life for every citizen. Our philosophy is that every day is full of possibilities!